O’Donoghue Law works with U.S. businesses to enable them to compete in the world labor market. We help our clients obtain the immigration status and visas necessary to hire and continue to employ qualified foreign professionals and skilled workers. We also help employers retain their valuable employees by helping them sponsor key foreign employees and their families for “green cards.” Our business clients represent a broad spectrum of industries including, but not limited to: biotech, business process consulting, health care, high tech, manufacturing, medicine, pharmaceuticals, as well as non-profit and charitable institutions and higher education. They range in size from large international corporations to small start-up concerns. With all our business clients, both established and start-up, we focus on the client’s long-term goals and work to find the most practical and effective means to achieve those goals. Nonimmigrant (temporary) options include:
- B-1 visas for business visitors
- E visas for business investors, traders and their employees
- H-1B visas for specialty occupation workers
- H-2B visas for temporary or seasonal workers
- H-3 visas for trainees
- J visas for exchange visitors
- L-1 visas for intracompany transferees
- O visas for extraordinarily talented individuals in science, the arts, business or athletics
- P visas for performing artists and athletes
- R visas for religious workers
- TN visas for certain professional workers from Canada and Mexico
We also work with employers to obtain permanent residence on behalf of their employees. With a particular expertise in the complex PERM regulations and procedures, O’Donoghue Law is often successful where others may fail. Employment-sponsored services include:
- Permanent Residence through Labor Certification (PERM)
- Intracompany managers and executives
- Outstanding researchers and professors
- Self-sponsored or employer-sponsored petitions for Permanent Residence for individuals of extraordinary ability and those whose work is in the national interest.
At O’Donoghue Law, we work with employers to make certain that their I-9 and LCA records are in compliance with federal regulations. We assist in developing company policies that will ensure the right procedures are followed for compliance today and into the future.
O’Donoghue Law helps keep families together by representing U.S. citizens and permanent residents in applications to benefit family members who are here in the U.S. We also help families bring adopted children and other relatives to the U.S. from abroad.
O’Donoghue Law helps permanent residents of the United States in the final step of their U.S. immigration process – obtaining U.S. citizenship. We handle both routine and complex naturalization matters.
We meet personally with employers and individuals for consultations and second opinions. We also visit client sites to provide trainings and information sessions for human resource professionals, managers, and foreign national employees.